Wednesday 20 November 2013

Dealing with Depression.

So today I've taken the day off school as my mood has been extremely low, I thought I'd do a mini post about how to deal with depression.
There are 3 things I think are the key points of to how to deal with this disorder, here they are.
Accept your illness.
Depression IS an illness, people may say 'Today I'm so depressed' but there is a humungous difference between having a bad day and being depressed. Don't be afraid to speak up about it, Your disorder makes you unique!

Don't suffer in silence.
This is a hard one. I know it's hard to speak up about what you're going through to family or friends, especially if its Major depression but there are many support groups out there. Councillors are there to help you and everything is confidential.

Seek help.
If you are reading this because you think you may have depression, make sure you see you're doctor and explain what is going on. This is a big step and it may upset you but it's good to be sure you have the illness than be unaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment